Mists of Shadow Moor
A steward of the natural order seeking redemption.
Class: Druid 3 (Circle of the Land – Mountains); Experience Points: 900
Race: Human (variant); Background: Haunted One; Alignment: Neutral
Initiative: + 0; Speed: 30; Armor Class: 13; Hit Dice: 3d8; Hit Points: 24
STR: 14 (+ 2), DEX: 10 (+ 0), CON: 14 (+ 2), INT: 12 (+ 1), WIS: 16 (+ 3), CHA: 10 (+ 0)
Proficiencies (+ 2)
- Saves: Wisdom, Intelligence
- Skills: Arcana, Medicine, Nature, Religion, Survival
- Tools: Herbalism Kit
- Weapons: Clubs, daggers, darts, javelins, maces, quarter staffs, scimitars, sickles, slings, spears
- Armor: Light armor, Medium armor, and shields (non-metal)
- Languages: Common, Darkonese, Tormon, Druidic
Outsider Rating: 8 ( +3 divine spells, +2 at home in the woods, +2 cold one, +1 shields)
Encumbrance Stages: 70/140/210 Push, Drag, or lift: 420
Feats: Cold One ( +1 con, adv. on death saves, undead ignore)
Human Traits: +1 Str, +1 Wis, Feat, Language
Background Features: Heart of Darkness
Class Features: Druidic, Spellcasting, Wild Shape, Druid Circle
Adventuring Equipment (41 lbs.): Uniform Travel Clothes (4), Leather Armor (10), Scimitar (3), Wooden Shield (6), Druid Focus Totem (0), Torman Signet Ring (0); Backpack (5) containing a mess kit (1), Tinderbox (1), Waterskin (5), Healers Kit (3), Herbalism Kit (3)
Riding Horse Equipment (81 lbs.): Bit and Bridle (1), Riding Saddle (25), Saddlebags (8), Days of Rations x10 (20), Torches x10 (10), Bedroll (7), with exterior straps for Hempen Rope 50í (10),
Heart of Darkness: Those who look into your eyes can see that you have faced unimaginable horror and that you are no stranger to darkness. Though they might fear you, commoners will extend you every courtesy and do their utmost to help you. Unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them, they will even take up arms to fight alongside you, should you find yourself facing an enemy alone.
Spell casting: DC 13, +5 spell attack, 2 cantrips (Produce Flames & Guidance), 4 1st lvl & 2 2nd lvl, prepare 6 per long rest.
Wild Shape: 2x per long rest, last 1 hour, action, 1/4 CR (no swim/fly).
Druid Circle: Mountains, +1 cantrip (Druid Craft), Spider Climb & Spiked Growth always prepared. Natural Recovery (restore 1 spell slot per rest). Ritual casting.
Haunted One Background
- Skill Proficiencies: Arcana, Religion
- Equipment: Torman gear plus pouch containing 10 GP.
- Feature: Heart of Darkness
- Personality Traits: (1) I don’t run from evil. Evil runs from me. (2) I don’t talk about the thing that torments me. I’d rather not burden others with my curse.
- Ideal: I’ll stop the spirits that haunt me or die trying. (Any)
- Bond: There’s evil in me, I can feel it. It must never be set free.
- Flaw: I have certain rituals that I must follow every day. I can never break them.
- Trinket: A broken pendent of a silver dragon that’s always cold to the touch.
Pavel worked for one of the barons as hired muscle for caravan escorts between villages. His life as an escort ended (literally and figuratively) when his group was ambushed and massacred. He was spared, but not before the raid leader suffused his body with the taint of undeath. For months he wondered the countryside performing dark deeds until a small druid enclave found him. They guided his mind back to the land of the living and healed his body enough for him to wrest control from the darkness. They spent time training him in the nature magic needed to allow him to hold his transition at bay. He now spends his days hiding behind his duties as a Torman guild member, struggling with the guilt of what he has done and hoping for a more permanent cure.